MyCupKates

Wednesday 15 June 2011

How to make a Rubber Duck with Sugar Fondant

Cute Rubber Duck

A few days ago, I saw this rubber duck from a cupcake book in a bookstore.
It looked so cute in the cover page so I decided to make one.
It is so easy that everyone can do it.

1. Prepare sugar fondant(You can find it in Woolworths or Coles)
2. Add a tiny drop of yellow colouring in sugar fondant. Knead it till getting the right consistency.
*Prepare orange coloured fondant,too

 3. Shape of the body


4.(Sorry for jumping up the stage quickly. I've forgotten taking a picture=D)
Head, Eye balls & Mouth
Brush water on ther surface you should attach.

 5. Make Feathers
Yes.. you need some tools for it. If you don't have it, you can shape the feathers with hands.


6. Almost finished. She needs eyes to see.



7. It is an edible pen. I got it from a cake decorating shop. I used small chocolate sprinkles for eyes before.
You can draw eyes with the pen. Make sure to draw them after drying fondant.
(Ink from Edible pen can be spreaded on sugar fondant if it's not dried. Like what I did..)


A little cute Ducky Completed!!!

I haven't posted 'How-to/Tutorial' because I think I am not good at Explaining in writing.
However, this one was so cute that I had to share it with you.
I hope you enjoy it. If you have any question, feel free to leave me a message.
Have a delicious day!


5 comments:

  1. Such a clear instruction, I will try it tonight. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Larissa. I tried my best. ^^* I posted this tutorial long time ago.. I hope I can post more tutorials next year! It is one of my new year's resolution. Good luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for sharing Kate it's really helpful ^^

    ReplyDelete