MyCupKates

Saturday 27 August 2011

[Recipe] Raspberry muffins


Hi, everyone!!
I sometimes make muffins for a lunch box or my tea time dessert.
I found this delicious recipe from Recipe+ magazine 
and I changed some of them but I'll post the original one.
I love the Recipe+ magazine because they've got lots of budget recipes for family.
I was about to add white chocolate but I just omitted it to cut down too much sweetness.
My husband is a big fan of milk or white chocolate but not me.
(I am more for dark chocolate. Love love love it..)


This recipe is very simple and easy to make.
You don't need any electric mixer. Just with your hands and a good spatula.

You can make 6-8 muffins with the recipe
Original recipe' Crunch-topped berry muffins' by 'Recipe+' magazine

Ingredients

2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
75g unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup fresh of frozen raspberries or mixed berries

If you don't have buttermilk, here is the resource for how to make buttermilk.

For crunch toppings(optional)

1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1 1/2 table spoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

I mixed rolled oatmeal and walnuts together and made them as 1/2 cup.

1. Preheat oven to 200'C/180'C fan forced.
Line muffin holes with paper cases.


2. (for toppings) Mix all ingredients and set aside.


3. Sift sugar and flour together and mix well. 


4. Mix buttermilk, egg, melted butter together well and 
Stir it into above(dry ingredients) until just combined.


5. Fold in berries.


It's ready.^^


6. Spoon mixture into prepared holes.


7. Sprinkle with toppings(optional) and bake for 20-30 minutes or 
until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean.
It took me 25 mins.


8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. 
Finished!


So easy and simple, isn't it?
 You can buy it for $4.00/each from retail shops or cafes 
but you can make it with $1.20/each. 
How awesome!


I hope you enjoy baking the delicious muffins!!

Happy baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment